[FT2DR] Software

Noticed RT Systems updated their FT2D software last night while attempting to get the radio re-programmed using the RT software.

I was in the field, no available RT Programming Software, trying to find a setting that would mute the extraordinarily long squelch tail of a Fusion Repeater while in use as a conventional analog repeater. At the time I did not realize the repeater's extra long squelch tail was caused by the repeater, NOT my radio, but learned later that was the case. In my attempt to kill the long tail, I did something that caused the radio to lock up while in the menu mode. Nothing I did would allow the radio to back out of the menu. I couldn't even turn it off. After removing the battery for 10 seconds it would reset but again exhibit the same problem when back in the menu. Then I learned of the issue with the repeater and thought no worries, it's not my radio. I'll just reprogram the radio with the RT software once home. That's when I saw an update was available for the RT Software.

The radio however, is causing me some concern. Why it would lock up like that is something I need to research. Has anyone heard of or experienced this? The radio is stock with the exception of the MARS/CAP mod.

4 comments:

  1. How did you do the MARS CAP mod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/10/2015

    caveat actor. youtube has videos; they're pretty much all the same method. pop off the round black rubber plug under the battery, hold HT upside down while you *very* carefully chip off the surface mount resistor with something appropriate e.g. a tiny flat-tip jeweller's screwdriver. (upside down so the smt falls out of the casing). put the rubber plug back in, re-attach the battery pack. 3-finger salute (hold down the back/disp/band keys at the same time) while you power it on again, to hard-reset the radio. congratulations! note: this is irreversible and voids your warranty. it may also be illegal, depending on your jurisdiction. perform the modification (or not) at your own risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently updated my FT2DE with latest software. It was a _huge_ difference, faster key press response and no more time slack after selecting menu items. If you have not already done it, update your radio. Yaesu has well written instructions on their website together with the necessary software. /73 SA3PJN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6/13/2016

      Thanks for the suggestion

      Delete