FT2DR C4FM 144/430 MHz Dual Band Digital Handheld Transceiver

FT2DR C4FM 144/430 MHz Dual Band Digital Handheld Transceiver with 1.7" Touch Screen Display

This exciting leading edge Transceiver is designed with ease of use in mind now packing an oversized back-lit touch panel display. At 1.7-inches the high resolution touch screen display provides loads of information through an easily navigable interface, providing stress-free operability and a high level of on-screen visibility for the FT2DR operator.

The advanced FT2DR is loaded with various new features including: 700 mW of clear loud audio, Built-in High Sensitivity 66 ch GPS with antenna, 1200 bps / 9600 bps APRS® function, Dual watch (V/V, U/U/, V/U), Dual Monitor (C4FM Digital/C4FM Digital), GPS Logging/Recording capabilities, Water resistant (IPX5 Rating), microSD Card Slot, 2200mAh high capacity Li-Ion battery and Battery charger included as a standard supplied accessory.



I own an FT1XD ( japanese version ). This radio is pretty much the same interior equipment in a different shell. As with my other radio, the FT-2DR Is very sensitive while listening, those 5 full watts will get me out there ( the same as with all my other radios ). It is very nice to have the dedicated volume control on top. Not a single problem with APRS. GPS locates my device indoors with no trouble at all. Somebody said previously that the radio looks like an 80’s radio... I don’t think so. And even if it would... I love the 80’s... I host a program on comercial FM about the 80’s so... love it. Screen is big, clear in daylight and nightime. Never ( and I repeat ) never accidentally touched the screen and change any setting by mistake.. so.. maybe people needs to start using these devices as they were intented to be.

All in all I love the radio and I have lots of fun scanning the bands ( 520 to 999 mhz !!!!! ) good reception of comercial Fm, airband, ham bands, 800 band etc.. I have some wireless microphones transmiting in the 180mhz band areas and this radio picks up their signals far-away, even when the dedicated mic receivers can’t.

Having the cradle CD-41 is a very good idea to fast charge, however if you do it directly on the radio it will take a night sleep (8 hrs or so) and you’ll be ready for a new great day on the radio waves.
I’m so glad I bought this radio that I’m strongly thinking about getting a second one. That good !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.
Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io) Discussion
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.