Mute FT2DR Packet Sound APRS?

Mute FT2DR Packet Sound APRS?


On my FT2DR I can’t seem to figure out how to mute the TX packet sound with APRS. Sounds like an old modem every time it transmits which is annoying when hiking in the backcountry. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.




This may be a menu setting in the unit. To mute the sent sound.

• DISP
• APRS

Menu
• 8 APRS MUTE

• OFF / ON

Alternatively disable if not using.
• GPS POWER
• OFF / On

See the file section for the APRS MANUAL for more details

https://groups.io/g/FT3DR/files/FT2DRDE





Here is the response I received:

”The outgoing packet sound cannot be muted by APRS MUTE or any other setting, APRS MUTE only mutes incoming packets”

I really like the radio, but I am disappointed that I can’t keep it quiet when on the trail. Seems like something that should be configurable, maybe something a firmware update could fix. Oh well.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up
.
Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io) Discussion
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.