FT-2DR Firmware Update Question

Anybody try to install the USB driver for the DSP update on Windows 10 ?

I keep getting a pop up window that tells me the usb device is not recognized

The com port never shows up and when I try to update the driver manually it just tells me the best driver is already installed.

stuck with the radio needing the DSP update - the main and sub update went well with no issues.



Worked for me so you can just try following the procedure again. Basically what I did is following the manual:
-disconnected the cable from pc
-installed the device driver following steps 1-5 (page 4)
-then performed steps 1-7 (page 15) -> only after putting the radio in DSP Write Mode it shows in the device list
-then performed steps 7-9 (page 5)
-then steps 8-22 (page 18)



I find that 'jumping' through pages a bit confusing as someone can easily miss a step but that's the price for having multiple Windows versions supported in a single document I guess.

Let us know if repeating the procedure solves the issue.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/01/2016

    same problem here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/01/2016

    My bad I was thinking Sub software. Make sure you install the USB Drivers for windows as it said in the instructions and make sure you take off the battery pack as it said as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/01/2016

    Thanks guys,
    A windows update came out on my box last night - I tried the procedures again this morning and I got it going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/01/2016

    You have to follow the instructions exactly as they are written and it should work fine. Be sure you are using a standard USB cable. The USB driver is part of the install process when you run the FT2D_Main_ver104(USA).exe application.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/01/2016

    switch the radio via the mode tile into DN and you will see the DSP version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have similar issues and have managed to install main and sub just dsp outstanding I will try windows update again Thanks for help

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/27/2016

    When I select "Install USB Driver" i get the next screen select "Install" and nothing happens. Using Windows 10. Now what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having the same problem out of the Box, USB device not recognised have tried the Yaesu provided drivers, still not recognised. have followed the instructions, still no luck. USB Device not recognised. Im using windows 10 on a surface pro.

    ReplyDelete