New firmware update for FT2DR DE available

New firmware/DSP update for FT2D is available for download:

Changes (taken from the Japanese page) are:

1. optimization of the backlight and the lighting timer settings
2. maximum display distance with C4FM digital and APRS communication partner station is up to 20,000km
3. optimized C4FM digital recovery under severe weak signal or multi-path reception
4. support C4FM digital narrow mode and the usual:
5. improved and optimized

Version Displayed ::  This is the KEY, if you are in DIG mode the DSP version is the correct.   If you are in FM, the DSP displays 0.00



Way to go again Yaesu after such a long delay…  Updated two FT-2DR’s just a few moments ago and the DSP appears to load, but displays incorrectly.

Main Ver. : 1.04
Sub Ver. : 1.01
DSP Ver. : 0.00

I went through the update process twice on both, and when I get to the DSP update, it says it’s updated 4.12 to 4.12, so it looks like it’s just displaying incorrectly and the problem might be in the “MAIN” firmware updater as I noticed the DSP 0.00 immediately after updating the MAIN firmware.

Curious what others end up with, perhaps I just have a bum set of radios.


[YaesuSystemFusion] FT-2DR Firmware Update Question
Ok, I’ve downloaded the Main and Sub updates, and the Main/Sub and DSP Firmware Instruction Manuals. However, I do not find the Ver. 0412 DSP firmware upgrade, only the Main and Sub programs. 
What am I missing?
It's in the file folder PCTOOL_v0412 and is named PCTOOL_v0412.exe



9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/21/2016

    Okay, apparently the DSP continues to display DSP Ver. : 0.00 as long as you are connected to the AC power adapter. When switched over to battery power, the FT-2DR now displays the correct DSP version of “DSP Ver. : 4.12”. Strange…

    Happy updating everyone; hopefully this correctly the muted audio issue an imbalanced digital/analog audio issues as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/21/2016

    This is the KEY, if you are in DIG mode the DSP version is the correct.
    If you are in FM, the DSP displays 0.00

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/21/2016

    Way to go again Yaesu after such a long delay… Updated two FT-2DR’s just a few moments ago and the DSP appears to load, but displays incorrectly.


    Main Ver. : 1.04

    Sub Ver. : 1.01

    DSP Ver. : 0.00


    I went through the update process twice on both, and when I get to the DSP update, it says it’s updated 4.12 to 4.12, so it looks like it’s just displaying incorrectly and the problem might be in the “MAIN” firmware updater as I noticed the DSP 0.00 immediately after updating the MAIN firmware.


    Curious what others end up with, perhaps I just have a bum set of radios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/25/2016

    Had the same issue. Solved by the above hints.
    More specific:

    Select a operating frequency that allows for DIGI mode, like 446.175.
    Hit MODE key (Screen, bottom right) until a DN Symbol appears ner frequency.
    And the check your DSP Version again, as described above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/30/2016

    I am in Canada. I purchased radio few days back from Radioworld. Same issue as others - no charging light. Updated Main, Sub and DSP. Encountered same issue - display correct DSP version in Digi mode and incorrect in FM mode. Update did not fix charging light issue. However, I love Radio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bought mine on 7th April 16, Main - 1.04, Sub - 1.01 & DSP - 0.00, I performed the updates in that order and had no trouble at all with the exception of moving the micro switch, my eyes are not brilliant and I had to take a picture of the port with my phone & enlarge it to see the switch positions.
    The new values are : Main 1.07, Sub - 1.04 & DSP - 4.12. My DSP displayed as 4.12 right away without having to change modes or removing the DC lead, it just seems like a very long winded way to update firmware, of all the radio's that I own the FT2de is the only one that is so long winded, and the only one that I have to change an almost impossible to see micro switch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    I have my FT2DE since a few days now, and there is an annoying issue.
    Audio from VFO B interferes to VFO A, even when the volume of VFO B is set to zero.

    Does anyone else have this problem?
    I didn't do the update to 1.07/1.04 yet... is this problem eventually solved in this version?

    73 de Andi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...but not always...for exable if vfo is on 443:175 and in vfo b is on 145:375 a noice,,if i put some mhz up on every vfo the noice is following....i think is a bug...every time i change mode from fm to dn make a noice for a sec....

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I updated to the new firmware, now if I touch the mode button the radio locks up. If I pull the battery, it stays on the opening screen with my call sign. I have to reset it to put back in my callsign. Keeps happening, ready to send it back!

    ReplyDelete